If your dog is not as active as they used to be or if their gait has altered, your dog may be suffering from joint pain. Just like our joints begin to give us problems as we age, so does your dog’s joints. Additionally, other factors can increase the likelihood that your dog develops joint problems such as obesity, genetic disposition to having joint problems and a poor diet.
What Are The Signs That My Dog Is Having Problems With Their Joints?
- Altered walking gait
- Reluctant to run or when they do run they run differently than normally
- Walks slower than normal / trails behind when taking a walk
- Licking the sore joint
- Swelling of the joint ( this is more apparent in short haired dogs)
- Loss of muscle tone
- Trouble standing, sitting, and lying down
- Has trouble climbing stairs or refuses to climb stairs
Can I Give My Pet My Arthritis Medication?
Absolutely not! Human medication can be fatal to dogs and you should never give your pet any of your medication or any over the counter medication that is designed for human use.
What Should I Give Them?
There are prescription medications that your vet can prescribe but they have harsh side effects. There are numerous natural solutions to your pet’s joint problems that work just as well as expensive prescription medication and there will be none of the associated side effects. There are two classes of all natural solutions that you can give your pet; homeopathic remedies and joint supplements made from all natural ingredients.
What Are Homeopathic Joint Remedies For Dogs?
Homeopathic remedies work by introducing diluted, minute amounts of a substance that will cause the symptoms that you want to cure when given in larger amounts. The principle behind it is that like cures like and it works. Homeopathic remedies have been around for ages and they endure because they are safe and effective.
When looking for a homeopathic remedy for your dog, look for something that contains the following ingredients:
- Apis mellificia
- Colchicum autumnale
- Rhus toxicodendron
- Ruta graveolen
- Purified water
What Are All Natural Joint Supplements For Dogs?
These are supplements that contain all natural ingredients, which have been proven to provide relief for the symptoms that your dog is experiencing. Just as we often prefer to take something safe, natural, and effective, you can find joint supplements for your dog that will ease their pain and symptoms.
Look for supplements that contain the following:
- MSM – a natural anti-inflammatory to relieve joint swelling and associated pain.
- Glucosamine HCL – necessary to keep cartilage from breaking down and will help to repair eroded and damaged joint cartilage.
- Chondroitin sulfate – a natural anti-inflammatory and pain reliever; it also helps keep the joints lubricated and in good working order.
You can help restore mobility and comfort in your pet by seeking out high quality all natural solutions to their joint pain. Supplements and homeopathic remedies have a long-standing tradition of being a safe and effective way to provide relief for joint pain.